Thursday, March 10, 2011

PEOPLE OF THE PRESS: LUCY HOLTSNIDER


Name: Lucille Marie Holtsnider

Year of graduation: 2011

Major/Minor: Art Studio major, minor in Sustainable Deviance in the Southwest

Where are you from? Littleton, CO

How long have you been working at the Press? 25 years

Briefly describe what you do at the Press:
My time at the Press is primarily spent designing and printing posters. In addition, I am currently working on my thesis exhibition. My show will be a collection of letterpress prints and other treasures.

What brought you to the Press?
I was drawn to the Press by the good-looking, educated people who congregate there to drink coffee and discuss their plans for world domination.

What keeps you coming back?
The coffee.

How has working at the Press enhanced your overall education at Colorado College?
My experience at Colorado College was profoundly enhanced by the Press. I was lucky to discover this superior art form early on in my time at CC during my sophomore year. I had grown frustrated with media such as painting which required little technical skill in comparison to letterpress. A rhinoceros in a zoo can paint a picture, but only the most clever of humans can properly register a two-color polymer plate.

How would you like to see the Press grow and change in the future?
In the future I would like to see the Press acquire a pet. Preferably a small mammal, such as a baby baboon or a lynx. Letterpress can be an extremely frustrating hobby, and having an animal present would be a calming and fun addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment